Friday, 24 February 2012

ELA Blog Assignment # 4: Short Story Idea


“Flashes of light raced around me as I stared up at the ceiling. I felt barely conscious, but I knew I would come around. I clenched my fist together, as I felt anger rush through me.” Drayden Marsch lay still in a dull hospital room, silence surrounding him. He starred at blank walls in an uncomfortable bed. Sharp pains seized through his body. Confusion surrounded the situation; he had no conscious memory of coming to such a place. What had happened? What odd occurrence had transported him to this mysterious new place? He had no conception of time, how long had it been since his last conscious memory, riding his bike down the highway in the pouring rain. He remembered the feel of harsh drops of water, slashing across his broad face. Why had he even left his house? The security he once knew, the comfort he desperately wanted. The sound of a truck horn had blasted from within his ear drums. Could he move, could he escape, and most of all, where was he? His family would wonder where he was, what he was doing. Faced with unfamiliar surroundings, and a desolate future, he could only hold on to the memories he had. Drayden’s mind raced, he began to question his surrounding, his reality. What was real and what was his mind simply playing a game with him? He faced an intellectual battle to remember where he was, what dangers he might be facing, and what was on the horizon for him. Dangerous reality, or an unsettling dream, this was the decision Drayden had to make about everything that surrounded him. 

                                                                                                                         By:  Ian Rumbolt

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your synopsis Ian. You used descriptive words very well, and it is a very good plot, sure to keep a reader interested. I like how you used questions to keep the reader guessing and this is overall, very well done. Good job!

    ReplyDelete