Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Blog # 5: Introduction

Perplexity

Sight
Sound
Smell
Taste
Touch
Feeling
Bright red leaves falling
woodpecker
 Sap
Salty sweat
Damp leaves
perplexity
Dark  coloured bark
Leaves crunching
Blood
Sweet sap from a tree
Wet bark
uncertainty
Dim light
Fresh sap dripping from a tree
Smoke
My own blood
Small twigs
anxiety
Light coloured leaves
Twigs snapping



discomfort

Crisp autumn leaves stuck out before me, I glanced at them intently, my knees shaking, barely able to support my weak body. The sharp contrast of the reddish leaves before me caused me to zone out the rest of the forest around me. The dark bark of the red oak tree accentuated the leaves and my greatest fears simultaneously. If it weren’t for the warm colours given off by the tree, I knew I would be inconsolably afraid in amongst my dull surroundings.
            The bitter, yet familiar taste of my own blood reassured me of my surroundings. I consumed the liquid greedily and took a moment to evaluate my perplex situation. What again had led me to this dim forest, and before the beauty of this grand oak? I shuffled forward through the layers of damp, fallen leaves. Inching forwards I came beneath the extravagant expanse of the oak tree.
            I lifted my neck upwards, starring face to face with damp bark. I watched fresh sap trickle elegantly down the broad trunk of the tree. I yearned for the sweet sensation of the sap upon my lips. As I moved closer, the tree provided me the premature assurance I had so desperately longed for. And at that moment, I decided I could remain no more.

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job following your theme/mood. Whiles I was reading this I was asking myself questions, which I believe you wanted to do, or confuse the reader a bit. I must say you did a very good job of achieving that. I would have loved to read more.

    ReplyDelete